Thursday, September 10, 2009

Clearwater Beach

In terms of multiple senses, Clearwater Beach is a fascinating example of how people use all their senses to appreciate their beautiful surroundings. Yesterday, my friends and I took a trip to the beach, and it was fantastic. The scene was absolutely gorgeous, with many tourists. Not only was I taking in my surroundings, but it was amazing to know that hundreds of other people were enjoying themselves as well through their senses.

As mentioned in class, smell, sight, taste, hearing, and touch were all used during the blurry time of the "Surge of Church". Although all my senses were being used at the beach instead of a church, it was very parallel to that experience. My senses at the beach were much more enjoyable of course, due to the fact that the people in the church were very cramped and had no restrooms, but the senses used in everyday life are essential. Without it, one would not be able to appreciate the beautiful, simple things in life.

1 comment: